Growing up in rural Michigan, Christine developed a deep love of nature. At an early age, her father taught her to observe the nesting birds and to identify their individual melodic warbling. The name of each tree, plant and flower became familiar to her as a result of her father’s influence.
Christine was inspired by her mother, a life long artist, to study art and design. She chose to major in clothing and textiles at Michigan State University and created hand-dyed and hand-woven pieces using natural textiles. Upon completion of her studies, she continued to be an active member of the Michigan Weavers Guild and began painting on silk to create one-of-a kind clothing. Her unique “wearable art” was displayed in prestigious boutiques from Detroit to New York. She opened her own boutique in Howell, Michigan where she sold her pieces along with other artist’s work for ten successful years.
The wonders of nature inspired Christine to paint when she relocated from Michigan to Florida. With the ability to blend colors and create luminosity, watercolor became her media of choice to showcase Florida’s natural beauty.
“I strive to stir emotion. My desire is for the beholder to experience the serenity of a landscape, the splendor of a bird, the richness of a flower.”
Christine is a Signature member of the American Watercolor Society, National Watercolor Society, Transparent Watercolor Society of America, Florida Watercolor Society and a member of Watercolor West and Southern Watercolor Society.
Her nature watercolor paintings have appeared in numerous magazines.
- Covers of Watercolor Magic, Sunshine Artist Magazine, Florida Women’s Digest and Natural Awakenings
- Finalist in Watercolor Magazine’s 2006 competition and North Light Books 2006 competition
- Watercolor Magic’s 2007 Online Competition both First Place and Honorable Mention
- She has been featured in The Artists Magazine, Wildlife Art magazine, Bonita Living and n Magazine
Her watercolor prints and original watercolors are showcased in collections at:
- Shadow Wood Preserve Clubhouse, Fort Myers, Florida
- Bear’s Paw Clubhouse, Naples, Florida
- Monarch Beach Hotel, Santa Monica, California