Since 2002 my work is abstractions of various interiors, combined with landscape elements. A composition usually inspires me by the combination of colors as well as the larger shapes and their relation. Nature is the source, but the art is Nature seen through the artist’s temperament or psyche. Technique and innovation should be in the service of transformation, vision, and beauty.
Rather than depict the specific, I work in a more personal, poetic manner using a harmony of forms from observed, created, and remembered sources in their own beautiful color universe. I paint with enough content that the mind and imagination are pleased and with enough literal image that the eye is also satisfied. Hopefully, my art conveys a sense of balance and beauty.
“The love and allure of beauty of sensual surfaces, forms, colors, and proportions of art refreshes the soul.” – James Hillman
- Super Nova - Prismacolor on Canson 8.5 x 10
- Inner Space - Prismacolor on Canson 8.5 x 10
- Belonging - Prismacolor on Canson 8.5 x 10
- Vertical Invader - Ink Art Stix on Canson 8 x 8
- Autotelic - Ink and Prismacolor on Canson 6 x 6.25
- Passage 187 oil on canvas 11 x 14
- Passage 154 oil on canvas 30 x 30
- Passage 186 oil on canvas 11 x 14
- Passage 97 oil on canvas 20 x 16
- Passage 77 oil on canvas 10 x 10
- Passage 167 oil on canvas 20 x 20
- Passage 176 oil on canvas 18 x 18